Topic: Encryption Profiles

Hello,

I would like to suggest 2 things here, that would add very useful functionality to FireGPG.

At first, would it be possible to add an alternative way of how text is being input into a text box? Instead of typing text into a text box directly, that has to be selected and is encrypted afterwards, I would like to have a FireGPG text input window open up on demand. The Text typed into that window would be encrypted/signed in the same window and only afterwards inserted into the text box. That alone would be a good way to circumvent the problem of auto-saving web sites like Google Notes.

Additionally it would be wonderful, if FireGPG would allow the user to create different encryption/signing profiles using the original command line arguments. For different web sites I would like to use different comments and (hidden) recipients etc.

This could be done by simply creating a list of appropriate gpg commands (like e.g. "gpg2 --no-encrypt-to --no-comments -r DEADBEEF"), that would then be chosen from a drop-down menu in the text input window. Of course, there have to be buttons for encryption and signing to complete the command. Also there should be an option for each profile to choose whether to skip the key selection dialog, because you could do that in the gpg command itself.

I think this would add security and a lot of convenience, that is not yet being offered by any graphical tool I know. So far, though, FireGPG doesn't do more than KGpg. Maybe that's a motivation for you. smile

Thank you for your efforts with this extension.

Re: Encryption Profiles

For the Fist, I just finish the new editor yesterday !

But for the second, it's seem to be difficult...