Topic: Suggestions for Gmail interface

* Possibly reduce number of buttons? When you add sign+crypt functionality, you're going to have Sign, Sign and Send, Crypt, Crypt and Send, Sign+Crypt, Sign+Crypt and Send. Some people sign or encrypt almost every message they send, and for them, it's nice to have "and Send" buttons; however, it would be nice to be able to tell FireGPG to leave them out.
* If no text is selected, guess what the user wants to encrypt. For example, if there were no lines beginning with ">", it would encrypt the whole message. If previous messages were quoted, it would encrypt the first non-quoted block. Perhaps for some cases you would ask for confirmation: some people reply to messages line-by-line, resulting in a message with alternating quoted and non-quoted blocks. For this, you could do something like select the text from the first non-quoted line to the last non-quoted line, and ask the user to confirm this is what they wanted signed/encrypted.
* Why does the whole message end up selected when I only encrypt part of it?

The above were intended as constructive criticism. I don't mean to complain at all - the Gmail integration really is quite nice, and these are just minor points.

Re: Suggestions for Gmail interface

1) Ok, as soon as possible smile
2) Ok, as soon as possible smile
3) Because we work on the full message to insert the encrypted part.

Re: Suggestions for Gmail interface

I feel there's a feature that the gmail interface really lacks. The edit window that's opened after decrypting a message should have a reply button. That button would copy the whole thing to the gmail's reply field and add the ">" for quotation and "On date, someone wrote:" just like gmail does when whe press reply. That would be really great. If there were a "decrypt and reply" link beside the "reply" and "reply all" links, it would be the best thing ever!

Last edited by flagger (2007-06-07 23:05:08)