Topic: Can FireGPG be made a portable app??

Maybe this question isnt relevant, however is firegpg compatible with Portable Firefox??  So if the gpg executable is strictly stored on USB stick along with Portable Firefox, can FireGPG be used -- meaning no windows registry settings, no temporary files written to hard drive -- if temporary files are used that space only on USB stick be used, etc.

Re: Can FireGPG be made a portable app??

Ho.. FireGPG write some files in the temporary folder of the OS... So It's seen to not work....

Is it possible through some perhaps option tick, that the temporary files or temporary folder could be specified??? Or maybe located on the same volume or disk as the gpg executable?  I love portable apps on my USB stick and use it regularly.  I have portable thunderbird, but this seems like a better alternative for me at least.

Ok, I add this to the todo list, it's will come with a next relase...

there already is thunderbird + enigmail + gpg ( http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/t … d_portable ), so I think it will be possible in the near future ;-)

There should be no problem to use firegpg.xpi with Firefox portable and gpg2go in a USB thumb drive.

I would agree here, this would be REALLY nice.  I have attempted to run it with my portable firefox, but can't get firefox to complete the install. GnuPG can be portable so the problem is with FireGPG.

Other encryption apps run off portable media so it must be possible.

Right, same problem here... GPG runs fine, GPGShell too (it even updated the gpg installed in my USB flash drive), but unfortunatelly, FireGPG didn't run, even after I let it to execute the program in my temp folder.

I will wait for the next release...

Mmmm ok, for the next ^^.

Dear developers,

I wanted to check on the status of making FireGPG work with portable linux? When is planned to be released?

Thanks,
Prem

When we have time wink

Hallo!

I have installed firegpg with Firefox-Portable (Win) on my usb-drive and it works fine. The problem is the absolute- path to gpg.exe.
A relative path does not work. although the gpg.exe is stored on the same drive.

Relatives paths planned wink

I have tried this solution but it does run at the command prompt in XP

%0\..

This evals to the current directory.

So say you had a subdirectory in the current directory:

cd %0\..\<subdirectory>

Another way to do it with xp in a bat file would be to do this

set Current_Drive=%~d0
set Current_Path=%~dp0

echo Current Drive=%Current_Drive%
echo Current Path=%Current_Path%

Not sure if this help you at all?

I'm trying to accomplish something similar - Firefox and FireGPG installed on my PC, but running GPG from the Portable Apps folder.  (This is a work PC so I don't have rights to install GPG.)

I have manually specified the path to gpg.exe in the FireGPG options, but it seems to fail at reading my private key.  Using Portable Thunderbird + Enigmail works fine with my keypair, so I know my keys are OK.

Definitely looking forward to FireGPG working with Portable Apps.  Keep up the good work!

I mightily agree with this request. I have just about gotten FireGPG working with Portable Firefox on my USB stick but it's still messy and needs cleaning up, especially in terms of how it points to the GPG installation and deciding where it keeps its keys, which at the moment is just plain incomprehensible.
IMHO this kind of application really OUGHT to run happily on a USB stick - my crypto-keys are too personal for me to want to leave them around on all the computers where I might want to use mail. Plus I like travelling tongue

Please read another topics, it's possible since 2 or 3 versions ~~

It's not portable, at least not completely
see http://forum.getfiregpg.org/viewtopic.p … 2038#p2038

Perhaps in the future. It would be a great feature to an already great addon smile

Definitely looking forward to FireGPG working with Portable Apps.  Keep up the good work!
sonnerie portable gratuite

FireGPG IS portable. I tested and it's worked. Don't checked old post with oudated data...