Topic: Update : 0.4.6

=== Version 0.4.6 ===

Yes, already a new version of FireGPG to correct some problems : lag with the gmail 2.0 support and better sign checks !

Attach a chiffred file is a new feature for gmail too smile.

Bugs :
- Improuve sign checks with replacing strange space to normal spaces !
- Better gmail's integration who don't make FireFox blocked for some seconds each 5sec. Check are only did if you click, and after 5sec.

Functionalities:
- Button to add a chiffred file as an attachment ! (Only for the new gmail's version)
- Show the date of signs
- Added informations about why a check failled (bad sign or key not found)

Locales :
- Nothing

Misc :
- We add a page about our contributors : http://firegpg.tuxfamily.org/?page=contrib&lang=fr !

Thanks to them and don't forget to report bugs or sugestions ! (And donations are welcome too wink)

Thanks you for using FireGPG !
    FireGPG's team.

Re: Update : 0.4.6

Add chiffred works perfect! Now, we would need the same the other way around. Automatically decrypting all attached crypted files.

Would that be possible as well?

Thx heaps for this already! :-)

Cheers,
Kilian

All is possible with time wink

Added to the todo list.

How do you create the chiffred files?

How FireGPG create them, or how you use FireGPG to create them ?

How do I use FireGPG to create those files?

The button is located at right, only if you have the new gmail's version.

I see the link "Attach chiffred file"  which from my understanding is a signature file, but how do you create such file based on the message you are signing?

If you attach a chiffred file (who means encrypted in fact ^^), the file is encrypted and chiffed... I don't understand.

I guess I just don't know what chiffred is...     I just don't understand how I take the message in the body  andn create a sig file based on it (which would be the chiffred file ?)

Last edited by alkos333 (2007-11-22 19:59:23)

Ho, you mean a simple sign in a file ? It's not possible for the moment, but it's planned.

So what's the point of this "Attach chiffred file" link?  I could just as easily type up the message, create a sig file based on it, and attach it using the regular attachment buttons?

To attach and encrypt a file.

Why can't you use a regular attachment button to attach that encrypted file?

Beacause it's make trouble into gmail's interface.

chiffre is German (and possibly French?) for "cipher" (http://dictionary.reverso.net/german-english/Chiffre). Attach an encrypted file. Personally, I love the linguistics and I'd like to see future versions keep "chiffred", but the English localization should, probably, unfortunately, read "encrypt & attach a file". Maybe keep "chiffred" (it's so succinct), and add some roll-over text with the longer translation.