Topic: Can sign, Can encrypt, But can not sign and encrypt

With any message I can sign it, I can encrypt it, but when I use the sign and crypt button and type my password (same thing I did with signing the message), I get the following:

Incorrect password.[GNUPG:] GOOD_PASSPHRASE
[GNUPG:]INV_RECP 10 D355F52180656AF7

Not sure why it states Good Passphrase and then it states incorrect password.

Re: Can sign, Can encrypt, But can not sign and encrypt

Okay, added to thte todo list.

Just to add,

If you try to sign and encrypt, and enter the password, it states password is incorrect, and then totally erases the contents of the letter.  Everything is erased and lost.

Hum, strange.

I try to have your problem, but I can't have it...

Can you be more accurate with your situation ?

How would you like me to be more accurate?  I would provide any debugging output if I could produce any.  Again, I can sign and encrypt only if I do it in stages -> Push the sign button, then the encrypt button.  The message gets erased and I get the error message about the incorrect password if I push the sign and encrypt button.  That is about all I can tell you.  Is there anything you want me to add to the source code (svn) so a popup box will appear and I can be more specific?

What is your key name ? (For sign and for encrypt)

Here is the key Im trying to use:
pub   4096R/7EBCE6DE 2007-11-14
uid                  Kevin Hilton (Kevdog) <kevhilton@gmail.com>
sub   4096g/698F7669 2007-11-14

Very strange... Sorry I don't know...

By the way, kevdog is not the only person having this problem. A friend of mine and I are trying to test this software, and it's doing it for both of us. Same as explained before: I can sign, I can encrypt, but if I use the sign & encrypt button, I get the following error and then it ERASES THE BODY OF MY EMAIL:

Incorrect password.[GNUPG:]USERID_HINT DFDCACF6BF495A65 <my name and email omitted>
[GNUPG:] NEED_PASSPHRASE DFDCACF6BF495A65 DFDCACF6BF49A65 17 0
[GNUPG:] GOOD_PASSPHRASE
[GNUPG:] INV_RECP 10 595E7BF08F254E49

I may have typo'd some of the hex.

As kevdog said, this is ALL we can provide. It says NOTHING else. Just pops that up and then erases the body of the email.

Did you always auto-crypt for yourself in options ?

If you mean the "Always encrypt to myself" checkbox in the General tab of the options, then no.  That is off.  I tried turning it on and I get the same kind of error either way.

hmm

I will re-check all, but I realy don't no why this append...

Kaa described the problem exactly.  I get around this problem by first signing the message, and then encrypting it in 2 steps.  I have no problem with this method, but the combination method definitely doesnt work.  The most annoying thing about it is that it ERASES THE BODY OF THE EMAIL as stated above.

I have found the problem ^^. (And I have removed the bog who erase all the mail with the error wink )

The key of the recipient aren't trusted so gpg doesn't wants to use it. We normally add an option to ignore this problem, but I forgot to add it on the windows command line x].

Will come with the next release smile

Hope its fixed in the svn version smile

In the latest svn release its still not fixed.  It asks for the password, and then states the password is incorrect, and then the entire body of the email is erased.  Using revision 333.

Last edited by kevdog (2008-01-19 03:42:56)

Are you using the new or the old gmail interface ?

The bug who erase all was still here, but now it's realy should works smile

Ill check it again today -- im using the new gmail interface

Revision 334 svn version definitely does not prevent the deletion of the email message.  My private signature key is not saved with a password, however it keeps asking me for a session password.  Why is this??  Also when I do a sign and encrypt, the password box pops up, I use the same password that I used when I was only using the sign only option, and it comes back, incorrect password and the message is deleted.  I think it has something to do the the session password or something.  Whatever I type for the session password when choosing sign and encrypt -- its never correct.

Ok, I found the error for the password, now it's should works..

BTW, THE CURRENT SVN VERSION IS UNSTABLE (I'm currently working on it), so came back to the current relase after your tests.

I know you dont want me using the svn version (I dont on a regular basis), however at least Im able to give you some feedback in the development process.  I tried looking at the code where the password was being asked for.  I couldn't find the file.  I was kind of confused.

That not I didn't want you use it, that I was working in the options panel, and I wanted to give you as fast as possible a version who correct your bug, but the version I committed at 14:00 haven't an option windows working, that only this... So when I wrote my message, the svn was realy unable to work. I know you use it (we warned (?) you but you do what you wants wink and doesn't make special xpi for you smile.

Is your problem fixed with the last version ?

For the password, the problem was in cgpgaccess.js, line for windows, there was an extra space. The password is asked form misc.js (getPrivatePassword), who call getPassword in the same file, who will open password.xul windows.

At revision 337 -- It still does not work -- again on windows box with cygwin as the gpg binary.

Nope -- after entering the password after selecting the private signature key, it still tells me incorrect password.  Again Im not clear why I need to enter any password since the private key has no associated password with it -- its passwordless

Nonetheless, after a box tells me incorrect password, the message is erased.

Last edited by kevdog (2008-01-20 23:13:49)

Now used revision 337 from a different computer a few hours later than last attempt -- it seemed to work.  The interesting part is that in the password box it states

FireGPG's api called form undefined.

It used to say something like save the password for the session or something

Ok, thanks. It's seem you dosen't realy update FireGPG on your first pc, do you clear the firefox cache for extensions ? (For the chrome in general ?)

Btw thanks for the bug with the password..