Topic: Invalid signature created according to Mutt

I just downloaded FireGPG and I am giving it a try. It would be great for me to have full GPG availability using Gmail!

Then I create a first message, sign it using my key and send it to a test account. I move to Gmail sent mail, open the message just sent, and it tells the signature is valid. However I download the message to the other account, open Mutt, view the message, run the check-traditional-pgp function, and then mutt tells the signature is invalid. If I copy the body of the message shown by mutt and pass it to gpg --verify on the same machine, the signature is agreed as valid. So Mutt, who always worked lovely with gpg, now seems failing.

Any ideas?

Re: Invalid signature created according to Mutt

Is this on the same machine?  Are you using two different versions of gpg installed on the machine with two different keyrings?  Is this a windows or linux box?

A Linux box, using just one version of gpg installed as /usr/bin/gpg...

So if you save the message to a file and then pass this file to gpg for decryption and signature verification, it works?

As gmail have a strange output with mail, we remove some characters (like some %AO), wo aren't in the mail source's code. Maybe it's this.

#4 Exactly!

And my feeling and experience have always been that Mutt and gpg are 100% compatible...

Latest version of FireGPG installed... Same behaviour...