Topic: Decryption Failed -- Unknown Error

Currently using MSVista with gpg v1.48 cygwin svn version 4693  with firegpg svn version 342.

Receiving Error when trying to decrypt from gmail with a popup box that reads
Decryption Failed -- Unknown Error

I save the gpg portion of the message to a file and ran gpg manually.  I was able to decrypt the message but received the following:
gpg: invalid armor header: hQQOAziEhh5pj3ZpEA//c/a5xt/LmNtcaYixg89YS81CixQbRYjWM
UmdfAAsIpAu\r\n

This did not stop the decryption process however and the contents of the saved message where decrypted.

Is there any output I can provide that would troubleshoot this error?? 

Just a side note -- Is there a way that possibly you could include a debug switch as an option in the gpg menu.  This would help people like me actually that submit errors or problems help the developers.  It might help to localize the code lines that were at least contributing to the error

Re: Decryption Failed -- Unknown Error

"Just a side note -- Is there a way that possibly you could include a debug switch as an option in the gpg menu.  This would help people like me actually that submit errors or problems help the developers.  It might help to localize the code lines that were at least contributing to the error"

Yes, should be a good idea. I add this on the todo list.

For your problem, do you have it with all messages ?

no just this message thats the problem -- i looked at the original letter as pulled out of gmail.  There doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the source letter.  Im confused

Strange I don't know. Wait for debug wink

will do -- please post when its available in svn!