Topic: Key Managment / Requesting Keys from a database

Hi,

this query seems very obvious, but I can't find any discussion on it or an answer. As far as I can tell, to get a public key, you have to be sent it and there is no way to search directly from a database. I would like to have a key manager for FireGPG, similar to the one used in Enigmail for Thunderbird.

Thanks for your help,

Chris

Re: Key Managment / Requesting Keys from a database

wink

Hi the_glu,

I'm not 100% sure what to make of your response! It could either be that you are subtly telling met that this is planned for the next revision or that my question seemed a silly one... assuming the latter, I will expand slightly.

I have GNUPC installed as my key manager, but it works via the command line. Enigmail (I assume) interfaces with it, and allows me to search for people in the database without having to know the right commands. With that solution there is no emailing of the public key and it theoretically much safer. With FireGPG, I would really like to be able to do the same thing.

Thanks again,

Chris

Hi,

It's planned as later, but I will probably implement this for the 0.5.1 (in 2 releases), but know it's a real problem for FireGPG wink

Regards,