Topic: Update : 0.6.2

Change log

Bugs:

* "Export key" working again.
    * In specific case, FireGPG find good sign from 'null' in gmail. Fixed.
    * Workaround for FireFTP compatibility

Features:

* Nothing

Locales:

* Nothing

Code:

* Linux x86_64 libs added
    * MacOS (darvin) (intel only) libs added

Re: Update : 0.6.2

the_glu wrote:

Change log

Bugs:

* Workaround for FireFTP compatibility

For me,
- if workaround is desactived, gpg is not found
- if workaround is actived, i need to restart. After that, firefox crash when i try to use firegpg (if i want to desactivate workaround with the option menu, firefox crash too)

Firefox : 3.0.3
System : ubuntu hardy
firegpg : 0.6.2

In the bugtracker, the 0.6.2 version is not available in the list of version...

@LiteuDiablo

If you read the message of the workaround, it's said it's may crash Firefox... I didn't understand why it's crash and sometime it's dosen't crash. You have to wait for a real fix from FireFTP...

@ the_glu

I have read the message...
The real problem is that I can't desactive the workaround after I activated it

I just think you might wait before release a new version
I really love this apps, but the all thing I will remember is "wait for a new release..." :-(

So, I will contact fireFTP to make this bug disappear... and wait for a new release ;-)

Hum, if you activate it and it's crash firefox, he won't be reactivated...

There is strange behaviour with this fonctionnality

1 / test without workaround : gpg is not found
2 / test with workaroud : firefox crash
3 / after firefox restart, try to desactivate workaround in the option menu : firefox crash
4 / restart firefox by hand : gpg is found and firegpg works
5 / try to access option menu : no crash

All seems to work perfectly now...
I hope it will last :-)

Yes, as I said, I don't understand why it's crash or not...

I got the new version and it does seem to crash intermittently with the old IPC.  It is relatively inconsistent.  I did find that a workaround is to disable FireFTP and then you can switch back if it won't let you.  I had it crash quite often on the older one.  Anyways I found some small typos and cosmetic issues with the new version.

#1: On the first warning dialog it says "If you click on 'Yes', FireGPG will try to access to the old library, but it's may crash Firefox."

There are actually 3 errors. There is no "Yes" button.  Just either OK or Cancel.  There is a grammatical error.  ...will try to access to the... should be ...will try to access the... (an extra "to" there).  it's probably should just be it (no apostrophe s).  There is a second case of that last one earlier in the dialog too.  There is a gender reference where I wouldn't of considered it needed. (Why reference the IPC library as a 'She'?)

#2: On the second dialog it says "Perfect, if you can read this message, firefox didn't crash ! I will always use this way to access to gnupg in the futur."

It is better stated... "Perfect, if you can read this message, then firefox didn't crash! I will always use this way to access gnupg in the future."
Add additional word "then"; remove errornous space right before exclamation mark; remove errornous word "to"; correct typo of "futur" to  "future"

#3: The key list at the bottom of the options screen is too small.  Can't select any other keys easily.

All screens attached to this message.

http://www.elite-systems.org/firegpg/firegpg_warn_typos.png
http://www.elite-systems.org/firegpg/firegpg_warn_typos2.png
http://www.elite-systems.org/firegpg/firegpg_options_screensize.png

Ok thanks. Next release wink