Topic: clear sign to self doesnt work

After upgrading to 0.7 and adding a new UID to my key, (so i cant guarantee its just FireGPG) all i ever receive is "No signature found in this email"  picture below.

This fails for me gmail -> google apps, vice versa, and gmail to self, and google app addr to itself.

http://rm-f.net/~context/no_signature.png

Re: clear sign to self doesnt work

Display the source of the mail (view originial)

If he is base64 encoded, we fix the problem.

If he is not, can you send us your message ?

MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.140.207.19 with HTTP; Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:52:59 -0800 (PST)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:52:59 -0600
Delivered-To: zacheryph@gmail.com
Message-ID: <ab86ae090901221352u28cb1f65mbda4b57e830698e4@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: test
To: Zachery Hostens <zacheryph@gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

test

- --
Zachery Hostens
301 - 471 - 5096

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Darwin)
Comment: http://getfiregpg.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkl46roACgkQHl9QdD28d8z4JQCfeJq6gSTDMy/BDxZxhYT49oWm
fNYAnA+hxNeEzBBlaQ8eo9sljapKmBPY
=cu2X
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

who shall i forward the email to if you need that?

I will made test myself, thanks !

I works for me, I don't understand (with the 0.7 and the devel version)...

Currently im at a complete loss for what could be going on.  I've tried reinstalling (0.7.2,) but still get the same issue.  im gonna try backing up my key set, and make a new key, and see what it does with it.  get back in a few minutes.

Think i found an/the issue.

I have gone all the way to re-install firefox from scratch (removed app, removed profile, the whole caboodle.)

If i use the 'Older Version' of GMail the signature's are checked correctly, But as soon as i switch to 'Newer Version' i get no signature can be found. (older/newer version link in top right corner of gmail page.)

No, it's can't be this. (Signs test are totaly different between old and new)

if i highlight the gpg message and right click, firegpg, verify, it does say that it is a valid signature. i still get no signature found in this email though hmm.

this is Firefox 3.0.5 running on OS X 10.5.6 Leopard.  if there is anything i can do to dig deeper into the problem id be happy to try.

Install console², and copy past the whole data. Contact me email to get a devel version of firegpg with more debugging. Provide more information about your environment.

this is all i get in console², with the following selected:
* errors, warnings, messages
* js, chrome, content

Error: Warning: unrecognized command line flag -foreground

Source file: file:///Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/components/nsBrowserContentHandler.js
Line: 713
 ----------
Profiler Component Created
 ----------
Error: menu is null
Source file: chrome://ybookmarks/content/ybookmarksOverlay.js
Line: 397
 ----------
Error: this._uiElement is null
Source file: chrome://browser/content/browser.js
Line: 5138
 ----------
Error: Permission denied to create wrapper for object of class UnnamedClass
Source file: https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&view=js&name=js&ver=Bb2Jwb553WA&am=R-AwhcT38CApDfli_UTujBY
Line: 636
 ----------
Error: FireGPG-debug: [cgmail.listenerLoad][Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMLocation.host]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: XPCSafeJSObjectWrapper.cpp :: anonymous :: line 445"  data: no]
Source file: https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&view=js&name=js&ver=Bb2Jwb553WA&am=R-AwhcT38CApDfli_UTujBY
Line: 636

Issue: SOLVED!

Solution:
* enable third-party cookies OR
* click exceptions and enter mail.google.com and click 'enabled'

After talking with the_glu back and forth about this in private we were able to find out the cause / source of the problem.
it appears without third-party cookies enabled, when firegpg tries to get the message (original im guessing,) the request is unauthorized and gets a google login page.