Topic: Problems with 0.7.2

As said on the Blog here the full message.

Hey thanks, this one works, but i have a little problem. I can not read base64 wink

If i encrypt some text (in html mode or plain text mode) the decrypted text looks like that:

Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

RW5jcnlwdGVk

And for some reason i dont know is the signature not recognized. "No signature found in this email."
This is for the old Interface if the signature is in a file. In the new interface this is every time not recognized.

But in Signed + Encypted mail the decrypt window shows that the Signature was found and valid smile

The old interface make it even worse. It says "The first signature of this email is not valid." if it is an inline signature.
I copy the Source of such a mail, hope this helps to track down the problem.

MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.223.126.17 with HTTP; Sun, 25 Jan 2009 13:19:49 -0800 (PST)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 22:19:49 +0100
Delivered-To: xyzxyz@gmail.com
Message-ID: <5a374dab0901251319k53f39a4v8b50a50f2945f1e0@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: test
To: xyzxyz@gmail.com
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=001636c5b125a277450461552ec8

--001636c5b125a277450461552ec8
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Clear Sign and send, Formatted mode, no more content than this line

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
Comment: Use GnuPG with Firefox : http://getfiregpg.org (Version: 0.7.2)

iEYEARECAAYFAkl8120ACgkQbDj5/hoPzlqBUwCg2RTFVtG7JKBarqoJtQKYs4wg
YoEAoJqYdfhokvgnXZCdg/xf4ddMxif0
=YTwh
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--001636c5b125a277450461552ec8
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
<br>Hash: SHA1
<br>
<br>Clear Sign and send, Formatted mode, no more content than this line<br><br>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
<br>Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
<br>Comment: Use GnuPG with Firefox : <a href="http://getfiregpg.org">http://getfiregpg.org</a> (Version: 0.7.2)
<br>
<br>iEYEARECAAYFAkl8120ACgkQbDj5/hoPzlqBUwCg2RTFVtG7JKBarqoJtQKYs4wg
<br>YoEAoJqYdfhokvgnXZCdg/xf4ddMxif0
<br>=YTwh
<br>-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
<br><br><br>

--001636c5b125a277450461552ec8--

Tested with and without Customize Google
Old and new Interface
Adblock off, Noscript blocks nothing

I found a "Decrypt this email" Link in the old interface, why is this one not in the new interface?
The options window is to large for 800 pix high displays, like in my laptop (1280x800).

But to be not to negative the sign, encrypt, inline button are working as expected big_smile

Re: Problems with 0.7.2

I don't understand. Can you be more clear ?

I will try :

> As said on the Blog here the full message.

???

> Hey thanks, this one works, but i have a little problem. I can not read base64 wink

Ok.

> If i encrypt some text (in html mode or plain text mode) the decrypted text looks like that:

Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

RW5jcnlwdGVk

Yes, it's normal. But FireGPG decrypt mail and parse base64.

> And for some reason i dont know is the signature not recognized. "No signature found in this email."
> This is for the old Interface if the signature is in a file. In the new interface this is every time not recognized.

Old interface is old, and don't support sign in files.

> But in Signed + Encypted mail the decrypt window shows that the Signature was found and valid smile

???

> The old interface make it even worse. It says "The first signature of this email is not valid." if it is an inline signature.

She shouldn't.

> I found a "Decrypt this email" Link in the old interface, why is this one not in the new interface?

Because decryption is automatic (except if you check 'Old old decryption behaviour in option)

> The options window is to large for 800 pix high displays, like in my laptop (1280x800).

Resize it wink

> But to be not to negative the sign, encrypt, inline button are working as expected big_smile
Yhira °o°

Arg, my english.

Ok I will try:
If I encrypt a message and use the rightclick menue -> decrypt than I get only base64 encoded text.
---
If I sign an mail, with the new Gmail interface, than the signature.asc isn't recognized. "No signature found in this email."

If it is an inline signature only the old Gmail interface recognize it. But than firegpg says only "The first signature of this email is not valid."
---
If the mail was Signed and Encrypted and i decrypt it, the decrypt window say "Valid signature from ...". But the mail content is base64 encoded.
---
Why have I to use the rightclick menue in the new Gmail interface to decrypt a message if the old Gmail interface has an direct link?
---
And last: the FirePGP options window is more than 800 pix high thats to much.

Hope this is more clear.

> If I encrypt a message and use the rightclick menue -> decrypt than I get only base64 encoded text.

Normal.

> If I sign an mail, with the new Gmail interface, than the signature.asc isn't recognized. "No signature found in this email."

In the old interface ? Normal. If it's with the new there is a problem.

> If it is an inline signature only the old Gmail interface recognize it. But than firegpg says only "The first signature of this email is not valid."

Inline signs fail most of time. Use openpgp/mime (=not inline) to be sure it's works.

> If the mail was Signed and Encrypted and i decrypt it, the decrypt window say "Valid signature from ...". But the mail content is base64 encoded.

Normal.

> Why have I to use the rightclick menue in the new Gmail interface to decrypt a message if the old Gmail interface has an direct link?

Anormal. New gmail interface autodecrypt mail. If they not, (and dosen't reconize sign) there is a problem.

> And last: the FirePGP options window is more than 800 pix high thats to much.

Resize it wink.

----

Do you have any error, related to firegpg, when you read a mail ?

Sorry last phrase is :

Do you have any error, related to firegpg, when you read a mail in firefox console ?

the_glu wrote:

> If I sign an mail, with the new Gmail interface, than the signature.asc isn't recognized. "No signature found in this email."
In the old interface ? Normal. If it's with the new there is a problem.

In the new Interface

> Why have I to use the rightclick menue in the new Gmail interface to decrypt a message if the old Gmail interface has an direct link?

Anormal. New gmail interface autodecrypt mail. If they not, (and dosen't reconize sign) there is a problem.

So it is, i think the attached "Noname" file is part of the autodecryption, but it does not decrypt

> And last: the FirePGP options window is more than 800 pix high thats to much.
Resize it wink.

I tryed, but it is not possible, maybe this come from my custom windows skin.

Do you have any error, related to firegpg, when you read a mail in firefox console ?

No errors, just warnings:
Warning: The 'charCode' property of a keydown event should not be used. The value is meaningless.
Source File: https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2& … gpcgurkovy
Line: 0

I forgot to say all Tests with FF3.1b3pre nightly of 25.1.

I forgot to say all Tests with FF3.1b3pre nightly of 25.1.

It's this. But my firefox 3.1 is too instable, I can't do anything more.

I have had problems with the FF3.1b2 too, thats why i use FF3.1b3pre
Its hiding here:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ … lla-1.9.1/

I just have a problem to send openpgp/mime, but another things works here... (opposite problem of you wink)

Ok, i think i can reuse this thread wink

Frist thanks for the tip with third party cookies, now firepgp works with FF3.1b3pre

Current Problem:
FF alerts with:
"You have requested an encrypted page that contains some unencrypted information. Information that you see or enter on this page could easily be read by a third party."

Every time, when i compose/reply a mail (when the FireGPG controls are shown).

FF self do a very bad job on this issue, cause it only alerts an does not block such content (even an IE 6.0 asks you if it should load unsave content on a https site). But the actual problem of this message comes from the html, maybe from a missing https somewhere.

This type of alert message have i only found in the 3.1 Version of FF, the 3.0 takes such unsave content without a doubt.

?

I don't understand where unsecure content can from... FireGPG create content himself, it's may be this ... WHen do you have the alert ?

Just after the bunch of code between the Subject Line and attach File line forms into FireGPG Controls. (After this is cached the controls are not shown as code again in the same Session). The problem is still there. Every time, when the FireGPG Controls are shown then FF find that some encryption are broken.

Page info says: Connection Partially Encrypted

Hum, ok, I read that there is some change in the encryption system, I will check and fix this.

It's a firefox3.1 problem.

this appears to be a problem with the new GMail theme that's now the default. If you switch to the "Older Version" the buttons show up and it works correctly. I had a similar issue.

KNOW