Topic: FireGPG-like functionality within google talk

I love FireGPG. Congratulations on a great tool. Thanks for the amazing work!

Do you know of any way to use FireGPG-like functionality within Google Talk chat windows?

Thanks,
Muppet.

Re: FireGPG-like functionality within google talk

If it's dosen't works there is not. You can logout from chat and use firegpg if you don't want to use chat features wink

Hi again,

Maybe I didn't explain very well. I would like to be able to use FireGPG to encrypt and sign chats windows that appear inside Gmail (i.e. Google Talk). In this scenario, whenever I wrote anything on a google talk window (and had previously chosen the public key of the recipient) all the messages I sent were digitally signed by me and encrypted for that particular person. Also, all the messages I received would be encrypted but FireGPG would decrypt them on-the-fly as it already does with Gmail emails.

My questions are:

1. Does FireGPG do this?
2. Does any other program do this?
3. For the people who actually understand the code of FireGPG is this something which can be implemented in little time, or is this a lot of hard work to do? (I ask this because my first impression would be that it is very similar to what is already done for emails. But I don't know much about FireGPG code.)

Thanks,
Muppet.

1. No
2. No
3. A lot.

If you want to sign your messages in the Gmail Chat, just sign the first line (at te opposite side, he will have to manually check your signature), then continue chatting without signing (the first signing acts for all the chat session, you won't have to sign every single message, it would not be very relevant, or use the phone instead).

Use Off-the-Record Messaging.  It doesn't work in the GMail web interface, but you can connect to Google Talk with Pidgin.