Topic: won't send an email

Thanks for the program, it is great.

I am attempting to send an email (XP box) but every time I go through all the actions of signing +/- encrypting an email it doesn't get sent. 
After I click on "send", I enter my password for PGP, then gmail, then at the top of the screen I get the message "firegpg is sending your email" then that message disappears but the email isn't sent (and I am not forwarded to my gmail inbox.)  The only way I can send the message is not to use firegpg.

I am certain both my passwords are correct. I'm using 0.7.5 version.

Any suggestions.

PS - anyone else out there think gmail is purposely changing their interface so this program wont work?!?!

Re: won't send an email

Errors in console ?

Sorry, here is the only message I can get:

"Deprecated property window.title used.  Please use document.title instead."

Does this help you?  Doesn't mean much to me.

No it's not an error.

Insatall Console

Ok this is what I get:

Deprecated property window.title used.  Please use document.title instead.

Error: FireGPG-debug: [Gmail-mime-send-oursend]Internal error while sending mail...
Source file: chrome://firegpg/content/Core/misc.js
Line: 134

Helps?

ALSO, I have no problem decrypting messages.

Last edited by Bill Loney (2009-03-13 18:11:26)

Sorry, I just left work, and since this problem only happens on my work computer (but not at home on my *nix computers) it certainly sounds like they are blocking a port.

Since I enjoy your program, I am happy to spend some time working out the details of this problem if you would like me to.  If you are just doing this to help me I am sure I could find a work-around by tunneling my encrypted emails through my home network.

So. let me know if you care about this issue...  OR, if I don't hear back from you and get bored, I'll give it a try next week anyways!

Again, thanks for all your work on this app.

Hello,
I need to come back to this issue, as I face the same problem. I can decrypt messages using FireGPG in the GMail Webinterface, but sending won't work. The message is "FireGPG is sending your mail..."

I work with Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042523 Ubuntu/8.10 (intrepid) Firefox/3.0.10
FireGPG 0.7.5

FireGPG SMPT setting are correctly set according to GMail's specs.

Console

"Internal error while sending mail..." mean unkonw error.

Do you have an firewall ?

I'm getting the exact same error as Gergie - I can't send encrypted email and Console

Firewall

I've tried the workaround I found on a different thread (added my email address in the "Force from value" option under the Gmail tab in FireGPG preferences), but I'm still not able to send email.

In Console

Yes. use you'r provider smtp server.