Topic: password is erroneously remembered

There seems to be a bug in the General option "By default, ask to remember password" function. FireGPG seems to remember my password regardless of whether I select this or deselect it.

I am using Mac OS X 10.5.6, Firefox 3.0.7, and FireGPG 0.7.5.

Re: password is erroneously remembered

This option is only here to set the default value of the checkbox 'Remember my password' in the password windows wink

That's what I assumed. But shouldn't I also assume that if I DON'T have the "Remember my password" checkbox checked, that my password will NOT be remembered? That is where the problem is occurring.

Yep. But it's works perfectly here. Sure it's not your previously saved password ?

No, I guess I'm not sure it wasn't a previously saved password, but I hadn't clicked to have the password be saved, so, as far as I was aware, there should have been no previously saved password. Is there a way for me to be sure there is no previously saved password?

FireGPG menu -> clear saved password.

Excellent, thank you. . . .

Wait, I don't find it. My FireGPG menu only has these options: clearsign, wrapped sign, sign, verify, encrypt, symmetric encryption, sign and encrypt, decrypt, import, export, text editor, key manager, options

If I click on options, I don't find "clerar saved password" there, either.

So you don't have a saved password wink

OK, thanks. I see how this is supposed to work. I will experiment some more and come back here if there is still a problem. Thanks for your assistance.