Topic: Problem receiving encrypted data by email

I'm receiving more than one pgp message in the same email.

So, if I receive two blocks, but encrypted with the same public key, (and so on, its decrypted with the same private key), FIREGPG is just auto decrypting the first pgp message (one more time, in the same email). Looks like its a bug.

Am I wrong?

Re: Problem receiving encrypted data by email

No it's not a bug as it's simply not implemented :]

Why are you receving more than one php message in the same email ??

the_glu wrote:

No it's not a bug as it's simply not implemented :]

Why are you receving more than one php message in the same email ??

Because  in my University Final Project, one function is send several emails, with diferent data encrypted (diferent fields in Database, all of them encrypted), and I'm thinking use FireGPG in my presentation. But, if this happen I cannot do that...

Unless you implement that until 1 July :]

Last edited by machado (2009-06-15 12:07:11)

Why don't you have a big part encrypted with subparts ? It's more comon I think, I'm not sure having more that one subpart encrpyted is standard wink

the_glu wrote:

Why don't you have a big part encrypted with subparts ? It's more comon I think, I'm not sure having more that one subpart encrpyted is standard wink

Unfortunately, that's not an option for me... I work with students marks, so each one is encrypted, and each one has a digital signing. And that's  the objective, so I cant do another way..

Ok. But I won't implement strange behaviour in FireGPG for you so .. wink

the_glu wrote:

Ok. But I won't implement strange behaviour in FireGPG for you so .. wink

It's not strange behaviour. It's perfectly possible to receive an Email with different parts encrypted. See: if someone has some data encrypted with two public key, and another one encrypted also with two encrypted key (but one of them the same), someone might want to send it, so the person who receives it, decrypt the two parts with the private key.

Its perfectly possible wink

Last edited by machado (2009-06-15 13:26:22)

I don't understand, can you send me a sample mail ?

[Block A, key A, key B]
[Block B, key B, key C]

So A can decrypt bA, B bA and BB, C bB ?

Why do this ? You can send two mails... And that not because C doesn't know yet how to decrypt bA that you shouldn't try to avoid access to sensible data..

the_glu wrote:

I don't understand, can you send me a sample mail ?

[Block A, key A, key B]
[Block B, key B, key C]

So A can decrypt bA, B bA and BB, C bB ?

Why do this ? You can send two mails... And that not because C doesn't know yet how to decrypt bA that you shouldn't try to avoid access to sensible data..

What I do is:

key A- student Key; B- teacher; Key C - another Teacher key; key D - another
Block A,B and C, are all stored encrypted in Database, and signed by teacher (when student access web application, he can see the validation of the mark, but thats another talk :] )

[Block A, key A,key B]
[Block B, key A,key C]
[Block C, key A,key D]
and so on

So, in just one e-mail, student have all the information he needs, and I sent it for thousand of students. If I can send 300 emails, I will not send 900 smile

For sure I cant send you an email sample, some parts are in Portuguese:

Nota 1: Mark 1
Exame -> First exam
Assinatura digital -> digital signature

I will send to  you the email, but if you provide me an email address, I send to you public and private key, I'm using for testing.

Last edited by machado (2009-06-15 13:59:42)

Are you using openpgp/mime or inline (like in your mail) ?

the_glu wrote:

Are you using openpgp/mime or inline (like in your mail) ?

I dont know if I'm answering your question, but I'm using the package Crypt GPG to use with PHP.

Not it's not smile

Send a with with Firegpg in gmail with both methods to know witch one is smile

the_glu wrote:

Not it's not smile

Send a with with Firegpg in gmail with both methods to know witch one is smile

A with? Sorry, I did not understood.

A mail,  I forgot a word wink

the_glu wrote:

A mail,  I forgot a word wink

Two methods? How do I do that?

Check or not 'Inline' when you send a mail.

the_glu wrote:

Check or not 'Inline' when you send a mail.

You do not understood me. I do not the those emails form gmail or another email service. I use a "private" SMTP server, and those emails are sent from my Web application, and the body of those messages are result of query's (data extracted from Database).

I just use Gmail to receive smile

I really dont know if its openpgp or inline as you asked, but Im almost sure its openPGP
http://pear.php.net/package/Crypt_GPG/

But why are you asking ?

Why are your making a new topic ???

And it's important to know witch format you use for sending mails...

the_glu wrote:

Why are your making a new topic ???

And it's important to know witch format you use for sending mails...

Many sorry, I thougth once this original thread was to report a bug (and as you well say, its not a bug), I thought that I should create a new one. Sorry if I did that wrong.

Ok, answering your question, Crypt_GPG supports input and output in OpenPGP ascii-armored or binary form.

For signatures, clearsign, detached sign and normal signing are all available.

Last edited by machado (2009-06-17 02:57:28)

No it's not answering my question. Use gmail to compare the format of mails you're sending !

the_glu wrote:

No it's not answering my question. Use gmail to compare the format of mails you're sending !

How can I do that exactly?

Well, an email from my web application, the body (encrypted) has around 1600 chars. The same email (same body) encrypted in Gmail with the same public key and sent with and without Inline has around 1000 chars. With Inline, and with my web application, there's no attachments.

Sorry but I do not have suficient knowledge do know how to exactly answer your question.

Based on this info, I can only assume that my emails use OpenPGP protocol, without Inline option.

EDIT: ok I understand now. You just want to know if its PGP/MIME or PGP/Inline smile Well, as I said, I'm almost sure its Mime, but I will confirm that.

EDIT: Its not MIME, its Inline smile Confirmed wink My emails doesnt have signatures on attachments, they are on the body of email, so its Inline for sure.

Now I hope have answered you question. Finally :]

Last edited by machado (2009-06-17 16:44:25)

Ok wink

I will check the FireGPG behaviour in this case, but you can use right-click to decrypt part one by one no ? smile

the_glu wrote:

Ok wink

I will check the FireGPG behaviour in this case, but you can use right-click to decrypt part one by one no ? smile

Unfortunately, I have a "real" bug (i dont know if its from FireGPG, Firefox or another), when I press right click the usual menu does not open (it happens only on Gmail), so I have to select all the area, EDIT-Copy and then Tools-FireGPG-Text Editor, and then Paste and Decrypt. As you can see, its a little bit annoying do that a lot of times smile

However, its always more efficient have all the parts decrypted automatically. I hope you can do some work on that smile

Last edited by machado (2009-06-17 16:53:31)

the_glu wrote:

Ok wink

Unfortunately, I have a "real" bug (i dont know if its from FireGPG, Firefox or another), when I press right click the usual menu does not open (only happens on Gmail so its not my right button not working tongue), so I have to select all the area, EDIT-Copy and then Tools-FireGPG-Text Editor, and then Paste and Decrypt. As you can see, its a little bit annoying do that a lot of times smile

However, its always more efficient have all the parts decrypted automatically. I hope you can do some work on that smile

Last edited by machado (2009-06-17 16:59:39)

Hi again.

I've downloaded FireGPG source code, and I'm seeing right now inline.js. (I have a little hurry smile

For my case, there are two important functions I must change: the one that handles block - HandleBlock and the one that find's block - HandlePage. So, sorry, JS is still a weak point for me. I must change HandlePage, am I right? If you give me a hint or two I might can do something smile

However, there are two scripts to Gmail, and I'm wondering too if its not here that I have to do something.

Last edited by machado (2009-06-19 13:53:35)