Topic: Error signiture verification failure

I keep getting the above message when using Firegpg. (This is using the buttons in gmail not from the firegpg drop down menu. works fine if I do it that way)  .

EDIT: I was using winpt but have now changed over to gpgshell after reading about compatibility issues, have also removed winpt. I have also tried to create the portable version and still have the same issue. Using GnuPG 1.4.9 and gpgshell 3.7.3

Last edited by carm (2009-07-11 00:14:31)

Re: Error signiture verification failure

What is the exact error ? When it's occur ? Witch message are you trying to verify ?

I'm sending a Signed email to another account in my thunderbird email client there's say one word in the email simply to test that the signature works. When the email arrives I have a bad signature.

Do you use inline or openpgp/mime ?

Id assume openpgp/mime? I've never heard of inline? though I dont know what mime is either. I pretty much installed GnuPG 1.4.9 and gpgshell 3.7.3 which both work fine and installed firegpg. Im thinking I haven't set something up correctly in firefox as I didnt change any settings.

right if I change back to the older version the clearsign button signs it fine and I receive a  good signature in thunderbird, so it only fails in the new version of gmail.

On a side note what's the difference between, sign and encrypt? when I click the sign button it also encrypts the email? and asks for my passphrase upon reopening? Firegpg is the only place I've seen "clearsign" (which is really what I want) used enigmail and other pgp programs only have sign and encrypt?

Can you send to me the mail who fail to contact[at]getfiregpg.org please ?

And when you sign (just sign, not clear sign), gpg armor the data like it's was encrypted, but it's not. However, you still have to "decrypt" the data to get back the original. A warning will be present in next release about it.

Ok I've sent the email. How do you want my key, as the email address I use and my full name are slightly different to here?

Yep, please send it too, I can't find it on keyservers wink

Here's my key finger print is that enough? 1D7B 343E AE5B 22FA 91F5  CF53 9C42 DB46 37F9 AB1D

No, I need your public key tongue

Signature verify successfull in kmail, thunderbird and with FireGPG, I don't understand your problem...

ok Ill check on my end again with my thunderbird. very strange

EDIT: OK error was my end and I still get it BUT only when I send it to one of my own email accounts. 2 gmail and 1 hotmail is fine but AOL always gets a bad signature yikes .... Not using that account any more

Last edited by carm (2009-07-13 08:11:06)