Topic: Sender name not included in outgoing messages

I noticed that when I send mails using FireGPG the sender name doesn't get included in outgoing messages. What I mean is that they'll show to recipient as:

..even if you have specified a display name for your e-mail address in Gmail's settings. When not using FireGPG the sender looks like this:

This is not that much of a problem with firstname.lastname@address.net -addresses, but it can cause confusion for recipient if he/she doesn't recognise the address.

Re: Sender name not included in outgoing messages

Force the from fileld in firegpg's options.

the_glu wrote:

Force the from fileld in firegpg's options.

This might be a stupid question, but where can I find such an option?

I went through all the tabs in "Options" the very first thing before posting anything here, and now I did it again, but I couldn't find an option saying anything about forcing the from-field in any of the config tabs ("General", "GPG", "Gmail", "API" "gpgAuth").

http://www.upload-it.fr/files/285776597 … hoot14.png

With french locate, but fields dosen't move wink

the_glu wrote:

http://www.upload-it.fr/files/285776597 … hoot14.png

With french locate, but fields dosen't move wink

Now I see, the field description was just something that didn't say much (maybe chancing it to "Use following sender name in outgoing mails" in the future versions would be something worth considering?).

But it still doesn't solve my problem, as I'm in fact using several e-mail accounts with my Gmail and using the technique here I can only specify one "Name <email@address.net>" that is applied to all accounts, and it's misleading many times. So something that would use the exact same "Name <address>" that is selected in Gmail would be what I'm looking for?

Last edited by kkirjala (2009-08-15 18:43:59)