Topic: Does FireGPG Insert a Leading Blank Line?

It appears that FireGPG is inserting a leading blank line or other corruption to the plaintext that prevents remailers from being able to process the messages as they are received and decrypted.

Any thoughts on this?  I've been trying to use FireGPG for six months with remailers, with no luck.

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Does FireGPG Insert a Leading Blank Line?

Can you be more specific ? I don't understand, FireGPG shouldn't insert anything anywhere...

the_glu wrote:

I don't understand, FireGPG shouldn't insert anything anywhere...

It shouldn't, but it apparently does.

I'm going to do more experimenting, but there is definitely some sort of corruption visible on decrypt that's causing errors with the receiving script.  With other encryption shells, this has typically been some sort of leading linefeed or something that isn't obvious when just looking at the decrypted plaintext.  It is conceivably something in the webmail site's processing of the outgoing message, but whatever it is, it seems to be limited to FireGPG messages.

I don't encounter this when using GPG outside FireGPG to prepare the messages.  Even when they are prepared in the FireGPG text editor and cut & pasted in the outgoing message they fail for some reason.

I have the same problem.

It seems FireGPG inserts a "</p><p>" after the comments.

If you copy the html source code and change this to "<br/>" like in the rest of the text, everything works. But I do not know how to include this into firegpg. and "--no comments" doesn't seem to work for some reason.

Hum.

FireGPG doesn't insert the </p><p>, but gmail does... You should use openpgp/mime insted of inline smile