Topic: FireGPG button messes with Gmail formatting and other button comments

Using 0.7.10 $663$

First a question.  Why does FireGPG insist upon putting a button on every email?  This seems to just waste cpu cycles for the most part since I can still pull FireGPG from the Tools Menu. I can still click 'reply' and set my GPG options for the email.  If there is a key then it seems like a handy info display but as a button I'm kinda missing the purpose.

My thinking here would be that unless there is a signature or something to work with a lot of time could be saved simply 'not' adding a button to every email.  I know in heavily threaded emails this would not cause timeout issues and other problems like the flickering page with threaded emails.  Sorry in advance if I'm missing some important aspect but to me it seems a wasteful, problematic step (especially when that 'FireGPG is broken' window keeps popping up..still).  Or maybe some option to enable/disable this activity?

But today I noticed the king of all issues with one of these buttons.  It completely screwed up the formatting and in order to read the thread normally I had to actually disable FireGPG but of course this was a key that I could have used. 

It said " Part signed !Key isn't trusted! (This message has been signed with the valid key ID some user <some@email.account> !Key isn't trusted! (made on Wednesday, November 14, 2009 5:47:56 PM))"

This appeared on one line and forced the page to render wider than the screen, forcing a sidescroller in FF.

This message needs proper formatting, but maybe it's just too wordy.  I'm thinking the whole "This message..." isn't really needed, and if it is perhaps it should appear in a mouseover or in a window that opens when I click on the button rather than as the button and totally tossing the formatting into chaos.

Thanks again, this tool is coming along nicely if these formatting/button bugs would just go away.  I would hazard that I for one don't see the real purpose of this button since I never use it anyways.  Just seems to be a huge bother.  Perhaps someone can explain how its function is essential to me in order to better understand its true purpose.

Cheers.

Re: FireGPG button messes with Gmail formatting and other button comments

- You can verify openpgp/mime mails with the menu smile
- You can change long texts to a small icon with short text - long still available in tooltip