Topic: Problem with Gmail's integration of FireGPG.....

Presently I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit running Outlook 2007 Professional with 8 Gb and a 128 SSD drive on my laptop.

Recently I installed Gpg4win 2.0.2 RC2 and was unable to get it to encrypt/decrypt messages within Outlook. So I decided to install FireGPG which has been working for me until recently.

During the creation of an e-mail (in Outlook) an GPGOL Error message popped up forcing me to shutdown Outlook. The message read, "Outlook experienced a serious problem with the 'gpgol' add-in. If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available......" This was the first instance of this message so I did not disable the plug-in.

I opened up Firefox to create an encrypted message and received an issue with Gmail's integration with FireGPG. Since I cannot send an attachment of the two messages, could someone respond to this so I can forward the messages to you?

However, part of the message read, "There is a problem with Gmaili's integration of FireGPG. Please check the status page and/or report the following errors:

getMimeMailContent chrome://firegpg/content/Webmails/Gmail/cgmail2.js 2697 actionbox.dispathEvent is not a function

checkDock/message chrome://firegpg/content/Core/misc.js 1476 text is undefined

getMimeMailContent undefined 2724 component returned failure code:0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLE.GAL_VALUE) [nsIDOMXPathEvaluator.evaluate]...........

What should I do? Please advise.

Last edited by wjones3 (2010-03-14 17:07:31)

Re: Problem with Gmail's integration of FireGPG.....

You should wait I eventualy work on gmail's integration, but I don't have time.

Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate anything you can and look forward to an update in the future.

I believe I have a temporary fix for now. The issue appears to be with GPG4win's Outlook component. This has been removed after performing a custom installation of GPG4Win. Once completed I let FireGPG know where the PGP executable was and voila' for now.

Until an update is made available I shall continue to monitor the progress of my experiment and continue to encrypt/decrypt message using FireGPG.

Thanks for everything.