Topic: GMail message composition is broken?

Message decryption seems to work, but there are no FireGPG controls in the compose window, and I receive this error message:

checkDock/compose chrome://firegpg/content/Webmails/Gmail/cgmail2.js 669 children[0] is undefined

I'm running FireGPG 0.7.10 (rev 663) on FireFox 3.6.2, and this problems seems to have started today (25 Mar 2010)

Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: GMail message composition is broken?

I'm having the same problem with the same configuration. Any ideas? This is my only way to send GPG...re-installing FireGPG didn't help. Thanks in advance!

The only workaround is to select the message body, then go to Tools->FireGPG->Encrypt.

It's cumbersome, but works.

You'll also need to make sure GMail is not sending in Plain Text, and not Rich Formatting.

Same error here on Win XP SP3, FF 3.6.3, GnuPG v2.0.14 (MingW32), FGPG 0.7.10.

This error happens when i try read an signed message from drafts.

I am getting the same error.

I'm running FireGPG 0.7.10 (rev 663) and FireFox 3.6.3

Hum, lot of users seem to have, I will check.

I have the same problem.
Firefox 3.6.3
FireGPG 0.7.10 rev 663
German GMail

"Es gibt ein Problem mit der Integration von FireGPG in Google Mail . Bitte überprüfen Sie die Status-Seite und/oder melden Sie uns die folgenden Fehler:

checkDock/compose chrome://firegpg/content/Webmails/Gmail/cgmail2.js 669 children[0] is undefined

checkDock/compose chrome://firegpg/content/Webmails/Gmail/cgmail2.js 669 children[0] is undefined"

I'm having the same problem with FireFox 3.6.2 and FireGPG 0.7.10; I'm using Italian GMail.
The prolblem  has appeared after that I haved run Goole Chorme!

Report is:

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Exactly the same error message ... both on regular gmail and the one using Google Apps.

Seems like there's no classes on the compose page by the name "goog-imageless-button-content" nor "J-K-I-Jz" and no error handling for this case.

I tried out some stuff and nothing I did worked so I think it isn't related to the following:

- languages (tried swedish and english)
- plain/RTF made no difference
- theme (changed to default)

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100409 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.6.3

Mail me if you want me to check something specific ...

Same problem:

Chrome never installed,
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; it; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 GTB7.0
Gpg4win 2.0.2 / Firefox 3.6.3 / Win Seven at today updates
Clean installation

thanks,
dre

I've got the same problem on Firefox 3.6.3, Windows 7, FireGPG 0.7.10.

Chrome 4.1.249.1045 (42898) and IE 8 are installed.

Hmm I wonder why I don't get this message on my laptop. Instead I get

Es gibt ein Problem mit der Integration von FireGPG in Google Mail . Bitte überprüfen Sie die Status-Seite und/oder melden Sie uns die folgenden Fehler:

setProgressMessage undefined 2839 Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIDOMXPathEvaluator.evaluate]

setProgressMessage undefined 2839 Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIDOMXPathEvaluator.evaluate]

and it deletes every message now after sending.
But the options are equal on both systems.

Same problem:

FirePGP 0.7.10
gnuPGP 1.4.10
Firefox 3.6.3
Win XP SP3

Same problem here too.

Firefox 3.6.3
FireGPG 0.7.10
Mac OS 10.6

I am not getting the message above but the "benign" message of:
Compose mail: checkDock/message chrome://firegpg/content/Webmails/Gmail/cgmail2.js 594 boutonboxs[j].getAttribute("class") is null.

But still I have no controls in Gmail
Firefox: 3.6.3
FireGPG: 7.10
WinXP SP2

I get the same type of message (minus the german however).  this is my first run at using pgp.  It appears to work sometimes, but not other times.

There is a problem with Gmail's integration of FireGPG. Please check the status page and/or report the following errors:

Bradan wrote:

Hmm I wonder why I don't get this message on my laptop. Instead I get

Es gibt ein Problem mit der Integration von FireGPG in Google Mail . Bitte überprüfen Sie die Status-Seite und/oder melden Sie uns die folgenden Fehler:

and it deletes every message now after sending.
But the options are equal on both systems.

Same problem here! New user to FireGPG, gmail doesn't work...

I am also getting the  "null" message:

checkDock/message chrome://firegpg/content/Webmails/Gmail/cgmail2.js 594 boutonboxs[j].getAttribute("class") is null

I am running Firefox 3.6.3 on Windows XP SP3, and FireGPG 0.7.10.

If I highlight the encrypted part of a message and use the right-click context menu to have FireGPG decrypt it, I get something like the following:

Decryption failed. Unknown error.
gpg: WARNING: "--no-use-agent" is an obsolete option - it has no effect
gpg: invalid radix64 character 3A skipped
gpg: invalid radix64 character 2E skipped
gpg: invalid radix64 character 28 skipped
gpg: invalid radix64 character 29 skipped
gpg: invalid radix64 character 2D skipped
gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=55)
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
[GNUPG:] NODATA 1

I do know that the message is valid, because I can save it to a file and decrypt/verify it from gpg on the command line.

My GPG version is:

C:\WINDOWS>"C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG\pub\gpg.exe" --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.12 (Gpg4win 2.0.1)
libgcrypt 1.4.4
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Home: C:/Documents and Settings/eroode/Application Data/gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, ELG, DSA
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH, CAMELLIA128,
        CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
Hash: MD5, SHA1, RIPEMD160, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512, SHA224
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

I hope this information is helpful in solving the problem.  If I can provide any further information, I would be glad to help.

Same here:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
FireGPG 0.7.10

I was able to encrypt/decrypt plain messages, but encrypting and attaching a file didn't work.
Restarting Firefox resets FireGPG it seems, but of course I still cannot attach encrypted messages.

/Zane

Same error.
Firefox version : Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100423 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.6.3
System : Ubuntu 10.4 (kernel Linux fixe 2.6.32-22-generic #35-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 1 14:17:36 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux)
FireGPG version : 0.7.10

In your opinion, will this problem be fixed soon ?

Regards,
Le Barde.