Topic: How To: Windows Vista with Firegpg SVN

Just wanted to pass along some info how to use the Firegpg extension from svn sources and install on Windows Vista.

My system:

Windows Vista
Cygwin (my gpg executable) -- This is an alternative to WinPT
Firegpg SVN

Im using the bash shell for the following commands:

[Removed because it's realy not recommanded]

Everything worked at this point.  These instructions could be easily modified in your are using WinPT for your gpg executable rather than cygwin.  If anyone needs help with this process please let me know.  I think however maybe needed in part to use the svn executable to download the svn sources.  If there is a stand-alone svn executable for windows, specifically vista, please let me know and I can add these to the instructions.

Last edited by the_glu (2007-10-27 13:46:06)

Re: How To: Windows Vista with Firegpg SVN

Euh.. why not simply use the xpi ? The svn is in devel version, do don't use it !

(I keep a copy of your text if you have a good reason that I did bemark...)

Can you post my instructions back or send them to me???  I love working with svn versions -- although unstable it gives me a window into what the developers are working towards -- new cutting edge features.  If you dont want people to use the svn, then dont post a link to the svn source on the download page.  If the link is there, then people should be able to download and install it.

No, the link is here to show the code to the users, but you realy SHOULDN'T use it !

Can you email my instructions back??

Thanks

I send you an email the 9th with the adress in your profile !

Thanks I got the email --  But not any sense of appreciation that I discovered and documented this all by myself smile