Topic: Security update: 0.6.1

(0.6.1 fix a problem introduced with 0.6)

Firefox 2 support dropped.
Windows and Linux (x86) ONLY are supported.

Bugs:

* Nothing except security issues, who will be released later by people whom alert us.

Features:

* FireFox portable compatible (you can use --home pathtoyourgnupgfolder in options).

Locales:

* Nothing

Code:

* Usage of IPC library
    * Code is now more clean (less platform-dependent)
    * GPL compatible

Re: Security update: 0.6.1

So is OS X 10.5 supported?
What about Solaris?

Not supported and not supported, but you can compile the ipc library wink

the_glu wrote:

Not supported and not supported, but you can compile the ipc library wink

Given that is the case, I find it unfortunate that Firefox has told me there is an update for FireGPG ready to install on my OS X system when in fact the latest release is not compatible and should not be installed.

It's because we dosen't want let's version with security problem in production. We let's users update, it's can disable firegpg but remove security issues too. You should uninstall Firegpg if it's can't works with 0.6.1, not use an old version.

Dropping support for OS X is pretty disappointing.  Especially for those of us who have supported you guys in the past.

If you can donate a Mac, there will be MacOS support again wink

can you clarify how to use this flag...

* FireFox portable compatible (you can use --home pathtoyourgnupgfolder in options).

Mine used to point to gpg using \system\portableapps\thunderbirdportable\apps\gpg.exe

but I got an error that stated it could not find the executable and I needed to change the location to:

F:\system\portableapps\thunderbirdportable\apps\gpg.exe

which clearly will not work with other machines and various drive letter assignments...

Do I enter: --home \system\portableapps\thunderbirdportable\apps\gpg.exe

thanks
dan

Try with relatives path :

(assuming you're in \sytem\portableapps\firefoxportable when you run firefox (I don't know how it's works))
..\thunderbird\blablabla

hmmm... sorry to be a bother, but it does not find it: This is all odd, because the previous path used to work without any change to my gpg installation.

Firegpg definitely does find it and works using:
F:\System\PortableApps\ThunderbirdPortable\App\gpg\gpg.exe

And on the gpg-agent arguments path command I have:
--homedir \System\PortableApps\Thunderbirdportable\Data\gpg

Which allows it to share and find the gpg  keys with thunderbird.

I have tried the following variations;
F:\System\PortableApps\ThunderbirdPortable\App\gpg\gpg.exe
\System\PortableApps\ThunderbirdPortable\App\gpg\gpg.exe
\\System\PortableApps\ThunderbirdPortable\App\gpg\gpg.exe
..\System\PortableApps\ThunderbirdPortable\App\gpg\gpg.exe
..\..\System\PortableApps\ThunderbirdPortable\App\gpg\gpg.exe
..\..\..\System\PortableApps\ThunderbirdPortable\App\gpg\gpg.exe
..\..\..\..\System\PortableApps\ThunderbirdPortable\App\gpg\gpg.exe
..\..\..\..\..\System\PortableApps\ThunderbirdPortable\App\gpg\gpg.exe
..\ThunderbirdPortable\App\gpg\gpg.exe
..\..\ThunderbirdPortable\App\gpg\gpg.exe
..\..\..\ThunderbirdPortable\App\gpg\gpg.exe
..\..\..\..\ThunderbirdPortable\App\gpg\gpg.exe

If I can not point to the gpg install in the thunderbird directory, is there any reason I can not just copy the executable to the firefox directory and have two copies... Still pulling the keys from the thunderbird directory using the --homedir flag?

What directory should I copy the files to? the root firefox directory? Should it be in a folder gpg/

thanks
dan

Last edited by zargnut (2008-10-21 21:33:53)

hum wait !

homedir is where you store gnupg files. You have to set the gpg.exe path in the input box who is obviously here to set the gnupg path ! I'm so tired I didn't see the mistake in your previous post...

Please let me clarify my installation. I installed portable thunderbird which installed a version of gpg in the path: \System\PortableApps\ThunderbirdPortable\App\gpg\gpg.exe

When installing keys, thunderbird saves them to the directory:
\System\PortableApps\Thunderbirdportable\Data\gpg

I added the --homedir string so when using gmail and firegpg / gpg.exe executable could find the keys that were installed using the thunderbird installation.

So in summary: I used portable thunderbird to install gpg on my memory card, and their interface to create and save keys in the directory above. I was using your options interface to point to the gpg installation in the thunderbird folder and the corresponding keys... which all works fine, except for just recently the path to gpg.exe does not work.

Pardon my ignorance, I am unable to decipher your latest instructions to correct this issue.

I hope this clarifies my install. Thank you for your assistance with this issue.

dan

Last edited by zargnut (2008-10-21 21:52:36)

Ok. I will add something who automaticaly try to add the current path to the gpg's command.

Hum yes, I never think to that.

Wait for the next release, I will find a solution.

{$SPACE} will let's you create spaces inside an argument wink