Topic: Wrong Signature

http://josh.whtiger.net/images/firegpg_signature.png

That signature is from the previous message, the encrypted message is signed by me and encrypted for the recipient (but not myself).

Re: Wrong Signature

oO ?

How FireGPG can found a signature when there is no signature in your mail ?

I can't reproduce btw...

Okay, here are exact steps.

1) View a email with a signature.
2) Go back to inbox
3) Compose
4) Make an email to yourself
5) Encrypt it to yourself but do not sign it.
6) Send
7) Wait for it to come.
8) Open it, wait for it to decrypt
9) It decrypts fine, says it is signed from the person in step 1.

No, I'm sorry but I haven't the problem, I follow the exact steps x]

Hm.

http://josh.whtiger.net/images/firegpg_signature2.png

That's what I get following the steps I posted.. Viewed an email I received signed by someone, then I sent an encrypted email to myself.

Witch FireFox ? Can you try with a blank profile ?

Tried with blank profile, Firefox 3.0.6, Windows XP, with new gmail interface.

Tried with both labs enabled and disabled. It seems to just be displaying the last signature it loaded... it works fine if there is a signature there..

I have my keys stored elsewhere, so I have the parameter set to: --homedir z:\\.gnupg

That is a remote drive, could that have something to do with it?

Wait, hm. It only does it if the signature that it gets caught on is in a collapse email and you uncollapse it. If I open an email and the signature as the one that opens automatically, nothing happens, but then if I click the first email so that it expands, and then firegpg decrypts it and says it has a valid signature.. and then if I go back to my inbox and open the email to myself without a signature, it displays the loaded signature.

Ok. I have the problem. I don't know why, but I have it wink

.... grrrr.

Ok, I found the problem and fixed it.

This occur only with inline encrypted mails, FireGPG try to use sign data. I you didn't open a encrypted and signed inline mail, FireGPG make an error and stop to works, I you did FireGPG use his sign...

Ah yeah. She does not use firegpg and is copying and pasting the encrypted and decrypted data.. I should set her up with it.. Now that it can do openpgp/mime. smile

Thank you smile you respond well to bugs.

Last edited by whitetiger0990 (2009-02-09 22:32:42)