Topic: GnuPG 2.0 support?

Is version 2.0 already supported?
I am only asking, because I can't test it atm.
If not, would be great, if you could add it.

And by the way a question: Do I really need to install WinPT on Windows? Is it not enough simply to install the GnuPG command-line tools?

Thx!

Re: GnuPG 2.0 support?

It's working for basic function (sign, etc.), but there could be problem with key management, not tested yet. Tell us ^^

And you can install what you want, if you have a gnupg.exe working everything is ok wink

Regards,

Thanks for your reply!

I was just asking, because almost every guide for FirePGP says:
"Before you download FireGPG, you will need to download and install WinPT"

Last edited by MT (2009-06-20 10:55:33)

Any reason you want to use GnuPG 2.0?  The difference between 1.0.x and 2.0.x are that the 2.0.x libraries are compiled as dll files where as in the 1.0.x they are compiled statically.  In terms of functionality, the 2.0.x product offers no difference at this time compared to the 1.0.x product.  1.0.x is more universally used.

It's just that I wanted to get sure, that I don't get any trouble, if I install version 2.0, instead of 1.0.

I'm not sure you will get in any trouble, however just to stress and beat a dead horse -- why?  There is no benefit to running 2.0 unless you have some half-baked modified version.  It will not give you any increased functionality.