Topic: Gmail and PGP/Mime

Hello,

I have installed the addon, generated keys and so on. Sending is no problem. Now a friend has sent me a mail encrypted with PGP/Mime and if I decrypt it, it's just empty. I made a screenshot: http://tinyurl.com/ycc8te5

What's wrong? Thanks for your help and the great addon. I have sent you also some bucks smile

Re: Gmail and PGP/Mime

Hello,

Are you sure the mail is not empty ? Did you friend used html ?

Regards,

No, the mail wasn't empty. Another one replied too with a encrypted mail and I got the same result (=decrypted but empty). It seems to be more a general problem. I tried also:

- Disabling all security-addons (Ghostery, Noscript, BetterPrivacy, Adblock Plus) - no change
- Disabling all Google labs-funtions - no change

Are there some addons which are known to break FireGPG? My installed version of Firefox is 3.5.7, my OS is Ubuntu 9.10.

Further tests evolved:

- Unencrypted but signed message = no problem, message is readable
- Decrypting a encrypted but unsigned message = no problem, message is readable
- Decrypting a encrypted but signed message = empty like in the first post

All mails were just plain-text.

Last edited by matrixritter (2010-01-31 14:11:53)

If you decrypt it manualy ? (On the source of the mail)

Yeah this works. Maybe I got the point of failure: I have set the charset for outgoing messages to UTF-8. When I decrypted the received messages in the "show original message"-window, the first line says "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1". It seems that mixing of different charsets "confused" FireGPG.

I set the charset back to standard again and will make some further tests.

Edit: A friend sent me a encrypted and signed mail. The result: Empty again...

Do you need any more informations?

Last edited by matrixritter (2010-01-31 22:59:05)